Tivo to <fill in the blank>

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Obie25, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Obie25

Obie25 New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Well folks,

I was pretty excited when I heard about the possibility of loading up tivo recordings onto an iPOD. I have been debating about whether or not to get a video iPOD or not. But lately I've been reading alot about the Creative Zen iPOD type system with an FM tuner/digital recorder/brighter and bigger screen etc etc.

So now I dont know which type of mp3 player to buy and was wondering if Tivo had plans to include other media device in the transfering options.

I will admit that Im lazy..and want it best to take 1 click...on the tivo button to PC..and maybe 1 click on the computer to complete the transfer. I want really easy to use. Do you think this is a possiblitiy? Or should I just go with the iPOD?

Any thoughts?

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Today you can use a plugin to do the 1 or so clicks to use Windows Media Player 10 on XP to convert .tivo to .WMV formats to play on windows portable media player devices like smartphones.

that functionality will be included in the desktop that does iPod/PSP and made part of the simpler process.

I have not seen plans for anything else yet. Though DirecTV on its NDS DVRs has anounced that portables using Alchemy chips from AMD can hook right up to the USB port and download shows playable on the devices. I forget who makes the ones for use by DirectTV, - these are not for TiVo DVRs yet as far as we know but could certainly be used by TiVo if they could get a CE manufacturer to support them.

3. jgaermom

jgaermom Member

Oct 22, 2005
    could you tell me how to do this? By the way for the previous question, at ces creative said the micro vision m had softwqre included to convert tivo recordings from tivo to go to go on the zen.

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

start with this web page at TiVo site
    http://www.tivo.com/1.2.15.asp

the Zen microvision is using the plugin for windows media player which is what I described above. I assume a requirement is to have TiVo desktop installed, which is reasonable, and use it to put the .tivo files in a directory that the Zen player software knows about. I have come close to buying on of those but my smartphone makes do for now. waiting for 2007 as I imagine TiVo is looking to shake things up considerably this year. :up:

5. bomberjim

bomberjim Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Rapid City...
    Yeah, what ZeoTivo said. I have the Zen Vision, not the M so I convert using other programs to get higher resolutions that the Vision supports. With the Vision M (lower resolution screen) what Zeo said will work great.

Jim L