TiVo to DVD, the easy way?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MickG, Feb 27, 2006.

1. MickG

MickG New Member

Feb 27, 2006

Advertisements

Dear TiVo Folk,

I'm a Mac user who is trying to find a clean and easy way to make DVD copies of my TiVo 2 series shows. After much research, I've learned that to try and use the internal DVD burner on my G5 Powermac is a very time consuming process that I'm not interested in. All I want is a nice clean copy on a DVD and maybe a way to clip the beginning and ends of programs that started early and/or finished late.

It seems the best way is to buy a DVD burner console deck like Sony or Pioneer makes. That part is pretty clear for me. [If anyone else knows a better solution please chime in but these consoles apparently have hardware compression schemes that beat computer DVD burners for this type of thing] What's given me some grief is how to monitor the process without having to buy a little TV. I have a beautiful Apple 23" Cinema Display and if there could just be a way to plug into it or the computer and check the video and audio leaving the TiVo and being burned to the Sony DVD console, I'd be set. USB 2.0 bridges do not seem to work. Other than EyeTV, I have yet to find a firewire option that would allow me to monitor the process.

In a perfect world, this would be a TiVo with the DVD burner already built in, but it's not. How can I make this one work?

much obliged,

Mick

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I don't know of any way to do this unless your monitor accepts an NTSC video input. But in my experience, there is nothing worth monitoring. Just start it recording and walk away. Use the "One touch record" or similar feature on the DVD recorder to record for a fixed time equal to the length of the program.