TiVo TO DO List stuck after botched transfer from PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by wolfman75, Jan 20, 2008.

1. wolfman75

wolfman75 New Member

May 9, 2007

Advertisements

I was transferring some saved shows from my PC to the new TiVo box using TiVo to go. All was going fine.. then the TiVo choked (said that my TiVo was unplugged?) and it had to restart. Fine.

However, now all the shows that are on the To-Do lists to be transferred are all stuck. They all said they will start when the “previous” transfer is finished… I am assuming that since the TiVo box restarted suddenly, and now it did NOT know that the last transfer was aborted, so it is stuck in this black hole, and nothing will transfer!

I tried restarting and unpluggind (power cords) on the TiVo and computer...

How can I get it out of this funk?

2. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Did you try manually canceling the interrupted transfer from the ToDo list?

3. wolfman75

wolfman75 New Member

May 9, 2007
    I even completely removed all the (3, 4) transfers that were slated since it was stuck. I am transferring just ONE show right now to test it, and it's been sitting there the WHOLE day.. note that regular scheduled TV shows are recording, AND TiVo to PC transfers work.

4. WhoMe

WhoMe New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I found the same problem with MRV. A transfer failed and the to do list is stuck. According to the to do list, nothing is currently transferring. I restarted the TiVo, canceled the remaining transfers, unplugged the network adapter, and then cleared the program information & to do list. It is still hung... I'm using a Series3 and the blue light is still on. Any suggestions?

5. Punji

Punji New Member

Apr 28, 2005

Advertisements

I've had success in this situation only by rebooting both TiVo Boxes. The one that I was transferring from and the one I was transferring too. My recommendation.
    1. unplug the Tivo that you are trying to transfer to.
    2. restart the TiVo you are trying to transfer from.
    3. After it has restarted plug the TiVo you were trying to transfer to back in.

6. WhoMe

WhoMe New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. I actually rebooted both TiVos in the step where I said I rebooted the TiVo. The next day, I reconnected the network cable and the problem cleared. Go figure...

7. eb3604

eb3604 Go Yankees

Jan 1, 2008
    happens to me. if I'm using pytivo to transfer a movie or show to my tivo then I am browsing my NPL and delete an old episode, Tivo will delete what i'm transferring for some odd reason. But it will still show as transfering in to do list. I have to reboot and then go in and manually cancel it. such a pain