Tivo tech support very very disappointing.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jilter, Feb 27, 2021.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002

Advertisements

I guess after all these years of fine service, Tivo, like many many other stalwarts in these dark times is seeing its final days. I have been dealing for over a week now with my Roamio Plus. Tech Support in the Philippines, reading from a script, forcing me to try step after step, over and over again, only finally to tell me it is a "known outage." It has been a week, I ask - when can I expect a resolution to this "know outage." Blah blah blah. I feel certain if this was a "widespread outage" I could see similar experiences right here on TCF. I have searched, but perhaps I am not using the correct search terms - if someone can please point me to the thread indicating what I am experiencing is not an isolated problem - I would highly appreciate it. My Tivo seems to connect, configures, sets clock - then "connection interrupted."
    For context - my Basic Roamio upstairs is connecting daily just fine - to which the CSR replies -"that is just good luck, Ma'am". When told last week it was a wireless issue, I dug up an Ethernet cord and that would not work -then called again - "No Ma'am, it is a known issue throughout the Roamios. wired or wireless."
    Seriously?
    Is is at all possible to talk to someone in Tivo stateside?
    This CSR did not like the question and said they are Tivo.
    Additionally, I admit I do not read every thread here on TCF - Is there a post whereby I can read for myself that Tivo was sold to an overseas company and the golden tech support that once was - no longer exists?
    Thanks ALL.
    Jill

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Following is a copy of my post in another “poor support” thread. I paste it here just to save you the trouble of following a link:
    Poor support from agents who know little about what they are supposed to support? Yep, I’ve noticed that over and over again from many different companies. The management doesn’t find it worth the cost to hire smart people and properly train them. That cost is far more than the profit they lose by not satisfying a few customers. (And it’s questionable whether there is a large enough labor pool of smart people to hire from.)

This general problem is made worse in the case of TiVo support because (1) TiVo’s (and the associated CableCARD and Tuning Adapter issues) affect only a small percentage of their customers and are a PITA to cable cos and (2). TiVo’s can have pretty complex problems, requiring extensive training if they are to be supported.

Note that none of the posts in this thread (so far) have addressed the specific technical issue you are having. Sorry about that!

3. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002