TiVo Takes On…FEAR! Where???????

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MadGreek, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Jan 6, 2006 #1 of 19
    MadGreek

MadGreek New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Texas

Advertisements

I recently read the following article in the "TiVo News #79: Ringing in the New Year at CES" newsletter, but I am unable to find anything that relates to "TiVo Takes On…FEAR!" There is no menu entry for this on TiVo Central main page and the Showcase grid only has two items; Rocketboom, and an ING Direct ad.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

=====================================
    TiVo Takes On…FEAR!
    Okay, so I have a little surprise for you: a mini-show made especially for TiVo subscribers-available now on TiVo Central!

Back in August, <http://link.p0.com/u.d?WllnKTwpa0nFeof=51>Fear Factor's executive producer Matt Kunitz called me with an invitation I couldn't refuse: an exclusive two-day, behind-the-scenes visit to get the first-look at some of the new season's scream-worthy scenarios.

We also unearthed (ahem) some fascinating "little-did-you-knows" (even for the non-Fear Factor fan) and my word, did we ever talk TiVo.

So join me in the premiere episode of "TiVo Takes On..." as I take you on a twisted tour de fright through the "backstage" labyrinth of one of the longest running and most successful reality series ever. And don't worry — we have plenty of TiVo fun along the way!

Don't be scared (Well… if you have a really squeamish tummy, maybe you don't want to watch, but I was 100% fine when I was there and I usually can't watch an episode myself!): Select the menu item on TiVo Central or on the Showcases grid that says "TiVo Takes On…FEAR!" And stay tuned for what TiVo takes on next.
    =====================================

2. Jan 6, 2006 #2 of 19
    stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    As I understand it, there was a clip featuring the lovely TiVoShanan available under Showcases for a while. Unless you're a DTiVo user, in which case bupkis. It may be gone now.

3. Jan 6, 2006 #3 of 19
    crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    It was on the main TiVo Central menu for me (I have SA S2s). I just watched it last night. It was interesting.

4. Jan 6, 2006 #4 of 19
    dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Its was in the Showcases section for me and I thought it was fun!

5. Jan 6, 2006 #5 of 19
    holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...

Advertisements

I also have no "Fear". What could be up?

6. Jan 7, 2006 #6 of 19
    TiVoShanan

TiVoShanan The TiVo Spokesgal

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    what box do you have?
    DIRECTV combo boxes didn't get it.

MadGreek -- sounds like you already checked, but if for those of you who haven't yet...

Go to Showcases, look to see if there's a graphic that says "Go Behind the Scenes" and you'll find it there.

Thanks!

7. Jan 7, 2006 #7 of 19
    TiVoShanan

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    Glad you enjoyed it!

8. Jan 7, 2006 #8 of 19
    Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Why a no go for us DTivoers?

9. Jan 7, 2006 #9 of 19
    TiVoShanan

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    It's that whole you're "their customer, not ours" thing.

I more or less address that in the last newsletter, too.

10. holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...
    A few posts ago I mentioned that I still couldn't find "Fear". I looked in the showcase, and every place else for that matter, and still can't find it. Maybe I unintentionally deleted it or something?

11. holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...
    PS . . . No D box, just cable.

12. MadGreek

MadGreek New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Texas
    That's a bummer that I never saw it. How long was it up on TiVo Central?

13. MadGreek

MadGreek New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Texas
    I just found something interesting. It seems all three of my other TiVos found the Fear Factor programming, but my main TiVo did not. I checked the software version number and all are the same, v7.2.1. I restarted the TiVo and even forced a reconnect to the service, but it did no good.

All four TiVos are set up exactly the same with the exception of my main TiVo is set up NOT to receive the E! Channel.

14. DrStrange

DrStrange New Member

May 18, 2000
    I never got it on any of my five standalones. 2-3 of them I'm not surprised didn't get it, but there's no reason I can see for it not to have shown up on at least 2 of them.

15. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    I'm guessing this was recorded late at night via the Teleworld paid programming? Maybe your main TiVo was recording something else at this time?

-Dylan

16. MadGreek

MadGreek New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Texas
    That could be the case, I assumed TiVo just pushed out the content to users, not that it was being recorded. If it was recorded then it's doing it a different way because I cannot even transfer the recording from one TiVo to another.

I wish there was a TiVo rep on these forums so we could get the scoop on what's happening.

17. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Well TivoShanan did respond to this thread -- and she was in the video LOL :)

Also if you pm a mod here you may be able to get an answer.

18. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    Neither of mine ever got it. Not sure why :confused:

19. MadGreek

MadGreek New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Texas

Thanks for the tip!