Tivo Support Phone call

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Timothy1402, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Timothy1402

Timothy1402 New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I pulled an old Tivo HD out of storage. It had been there since 2015, when I replaced it with a new Roamio OTA. After I plugged the Tivo HD in, it worked (played live TV), but wouldn't load program information. So I (stupidly) deleted all information and started a new guided set-up. Now I cannot get past guided set-up because it cannot find a channel line-up for any zip code. Tried wired hook-up and wireless. Tried choosing antenna and/or cable as a source. Cannot get past guided set-up. Also tried a Kickstart 56, it didn't work.

I called Tivo technical support. (The woman was not a tech person and just seemed like someone taking notes.) She put me on hold and said she ran diagnostics and saw that the Tivo connected yesterday (although I have multiple Tivo's and she had already confused my Roamio with my HD). Anyway, the CRS finally said this is a known issue and someone will get back to me by phone or email. I asked: When? She didn't know.

Has anyone ever been "gotten back to". Or have I just been quickly dismissed? Any advice?

edit: I just pulled out the old Tivo Premiere, figuring I'll use that until I get a fix for the Tivo HD. SAME PROBLEM. Says it is loading the guide, but all programs are titled "to be announced". Arrrrrgggggg.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If your Tivo has not connected since last August 2016, it requires a service update as the old guide is useless. This happened when Tivo was bought out by Rovi.

3. Timothy1402

Timothy1402 New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    The tivo service update just happened for the Tivo HD. It now works! Hopefully, the Tivo premiere will update also.

I am just not sure if it updated by itself today (it was connected yesterday) or if Tivo forced an update from their end when I phoned in for service.

4. wtkflhn

wtkflhn Member

May 12, 2006
    Metairie, La
    It probably got the update by itself. I had a 652 that had been in the closet since last December. I decided to get it out and have it connect even though I'm not planning on using it. It wouldn't get program data either. I thought it had already gotten the Rovi data "upgrade". But it hadn't and it soon did and is no OK.

5. Timothy1402

Timothy1402 New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Thanks to those who responded. Both my Tivo HD and my Tivo Premiere have updated and are working.

6. malikguy

malikguy New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Hi Timothy, not sure if you will get this, but what did you do? Just leave the TiVo’s on? I have an older series 4 that’s stuck in Guided Setup.