Tivo Support functions or the lack thereof!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Stevexyz, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Stevexyz

Stevexyz New Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Northern...

Advertisements

I would like to discuss how the Tivo support is designed and how they do not contribute anything.
    If there is an existing thread, please direct me there as I am not interested in reinventing the wheel!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This is the TiVo Community Forum. Support is done by the members. TiVo, Inc. is not involved. To contact TiVo there is Twitter and Tivo Customer Support Community

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Can a post be vaguer than this? Please be more specific.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Huh? I didn't see anything in the post that indicated he though he was posting on TiVo.

5. Stevexyz

Stevexyz New Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Northern...

Advertisements

I understand that. What I was looking for was anyone else who has had problems documenting problems with Tivo. Everything (all details of my problem) seems to go into a black hole at Tivo and nothing comes out. We can start with the fact that Tivo will not even acknowledge an email sent any way other than their system. They can't even include the text of the problem in their acknowledgement
    of receipt of emails and the log of your support requests does not tell you what the problem was. I could go on but that is sufficient now.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's been true for a long time. I when I submit a lineup issue I get sent a ticket. I write the problem on the ticket so I can see its progress, or lack thereof, on TiVo.com. When on TiVo.com you can select "my support" for listing of all your tickets. There is a link where you can send them an email.

Their support sucks. But you probably know that.

7. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Anyone who reads this forum for a while has seen plenty of evidence that TiVo support leaves a lot to be desired and that problems other than the most trivial are more likely to be solved by forum members.

UCLABB likes this.