Tivo Support and S3 Issues--Poll

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by A-1, Jul 1, 2007.

Did Tivo acknowledge your issue?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2008.
  1. Yes I called Tivo support and Yes they acted as if I was the only one

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes I called Tivo support and Tivo acknowledge others with the same issue

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Did not contact Tivo about my issue just used the boards

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. no issues to report

59 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. Jul 1, 2007 #1 of 13
    A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago

Advertisements

I have had my fare share of issues with the S3. Cable card setup, a defective model, Pixelization, audio drops, etc... You know most of what people complain about in here.

Now, most of my issues are fixed thanks to the help of this board.

However, because of this board I know I am not the only S3 owner with these issues yet every time i called into Tivo they claimed they had never heard of the issues, that I was the only one.

2. Jul 1, 2007 #2 of 13
    HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    If you take the number of S3s sold, divide by the number of CSRs (factoring in CSR turnover rates) and multiply by the percentage of folks who call in to complain about an issue, maybe you are the only one on average. :eek:

3. Jul 2, 2007 #3 of 13
    A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    I see your point but you skip the fact that when a customer calls in they are asked if they are calling about the S3. To me, that suggest that there is support dedicated to the S3 or at the least people who are routed the S3 calls more than others.

4. Jul 2, 2007 #4 of 13
    HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002
    You take it too seriously. Maybe they are specially trained and dedicated to telling people they are the only one.

5. Jul 2, 2007 #5 of 13
    A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago

Advertisements

lol now that's a job i'd want. The Joe Isuzu of Tivo
    [​IMG]

6. Jul 2, 2007 #6 of 13
    GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Not necessarily.

Even if the CSR has had a call about the same issue once before, it's not surprising that they don't remember it. Given the impression I've been left with by some of the CSRs, I think that some of them are surprised by the fact that the sun rises in roughly the same place every morning.

7. Jul 2, 2007 #7 of 13
    magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    I'm not sure who people on this board get a hold of when they call but every time that I have called Tivo.... they have been more than helpful and very courteous. I am very pleased with their support. However, I might have lower expectations since I was a long time Directv customer and their customer service just plain sucks. You want to talk about not having a clue... try dealing with those guys.

8. Jul 2, 2007 #8 of 13
    A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Tivo support, just wondering if all these issues are being reported to Tivo and if so how Tivo reacted.

9. Jul 4, 2007 #9 of 13
    A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    So far these result surprise me, only on the basis of some of the threads posted in this S3 board.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Not me. Just proves what I (and others) have maintained all along -- the moaners are the ones who are WAY more likely to post than those who are satisfied. :rolleyes:

11. A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    I don't think that people who paid 700+ for a PVR that has legit issues are moaners. Granted some ***** more than actually trying to solve the issue but for the most part are valid.

I for one have seen some of these issues posted here and was able to fix them via Tivo support and via this board. The nature of these issue are extremely frustrating as they come and go, and there are two companies involved. Is it a Cable issue, is it a CC issue, is it the Tivo. The constant back and forth can drive anyone mad.

My issues kept pointing to the cable co. other than the defective S3 i first started with.

12. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Even if the complainers are valid, there are still far more people that don't have issues that don't have motivations to post.

There are even far more people that don't have issues and aren't even motivated to find this website and vote in the poll!

Yes, the DVR has legit issues. Those issues only affect a very small portion of users, however. Of that very small portion, an even smaller portion are genuine Tivo issues.

13. A-1

A-1 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Becoming less of a surprise to me and more clear as a reality.