Tivo suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DouglasPHill, May 9, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I miss thumbs up and thumbs down. The suggestions I'm seeing seem to be in two categories: loosely related to my other recordings and not at all related to anything. I suspect the latter is shows Tivo is being paid to suggest.

SeeOurBeach likes this.
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I assume that you're on the TE4 user interface. If you're willing to sidegrade back to T3, Suggestions are alive and well there. :) (Note: the recordings on your TiVo box get lost when moving back to TE3; if you want to save them, you need to transfer them to your PC first and then back again after (if you want), using software such as pyTivo Desktop.)

3. rsonnie

rsonnie New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Northwest
    Suggestions is completely broken for me. It seemed back in February that it was almost working, but that didn't last very long. For the last two months the only thing that suggestions is recording is news programs. Apparently tivo thinks I watch nothing but news programs. This feature currently has no value at all. Sad because this is one of the reasons i bought a tivo to begin with.