TiVo Suggestions Run A Muck

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BP-isMe, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BP-isMe

BP-isMe Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Boston
    Is it me or did the new upgrade change the way suggestions are processed? My TiVo Suggestions are grabbing a whole bunch of things that don't fit my profile. I had to go in and delete and "thumbs Down" a lot of stuff. It occurs to me that this has happened before after other upgrades as well.

The offending suggestions that record are usually the kind of movies that I don't want my 8 year old to see. Before the upgrades, I don't get many of them but after, I get a bunch.

Brad

2. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I have noticed after updates, I sometimes have a bunch of off-the-wall suggestions recorded. With the 20.2 update, the next day I ended up with a whole slew of SPORTS crap! I *hate* sports, and the TiVo used to know that. So I thumbed them all down and it immediately stopped with the sports thing. I guess they tweak some of the algorithms sometimes with updates.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Amuck is only one word.

4. steve771

steve771 Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Ah, the grammar police. These people always add.... ummm.... ZERO to any thread. :(

5. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Isn't the preferred work AMOK? :p

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

Yes but isn't "thisismysigfile" supposed to be five words:D well four words and an abbreviation for signature.

7. unitron

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Unless one's first language isn't English (Bet you didn't know there was furriners on the web), and it is at least partially from the Internet that one is learning it, in which case one is now better informed.

8. unitron

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    There seem to be three "accepted" spellings, amok, amuk, and amuck, all derived from the Malay word "mengamuk".

And all of which are one word, not two.

The separate word "muck" is what you get after putting straw or hay down on a stable stall floor to absorb animal waste, which is why stalls have to be "mucked out" regularly.

I'm not sure I'd want to run a muck.:)

Those who moderate this site probably feel that they are sometimes after we users run amuck.:D