TiVo Suggestions not working properly

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nytibcp, Feb 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nytibcp

nytibcp New Member

Dec 30, 2005

Advertisements

I have a TiVo HD and for years it has been creating a diverse set of TiVo Suggestions. Awhile back we were away and the disk became nearly full of recorded shows, so no Suggestions were recorded. After we watched and deleted the recorded shows, we realized that there were still no Suggestions being added. I have tried the solutions here: 1. Rebooting to set Suggestions off and then again to set them on; and 2. Resetting the Thumbs ratings and then recreating them. That has resulted in a few Suggestions being recorded, but they are limited to additional back episodes of shows to which we have Season Passes. There are no Suggestions based on movies or other one-time recordings, which is a big disappointment since we felt that previously the Suggestions which were recorded were a good cross-section of our interests as expressed in all of our recordings. What can I do to get TiVo Suggestions to behave as it did previously and record a wider range of shows?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    How much space did you clear as it's possible that you don't have enough free space with upcoming recordings to record longer shows such as movies?

Scott

3. nytibcp

nytibcp New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    No, there's plenty of space. The only things TiVo Suggestions ever adds are back or repeat episodes of shows we're already recording via Season Passes. It used to make a broad variety of suggestions based on our likes and dislikes, but it's completely stopped doing that. I have tried fiddling with Thumbs ratings to no effect. Any idea what might have changed to cause this weird behavior?

4. neonturbo

neonturbo New Member

Nov 29, 2016
    When was a while back? The Tivo Guide changed this fall (Late August), and many/some of us think this has affected suggestions. I don't think mine records the same type or as many suggestions as before. My drive never gets much past 50-60% full now.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005

Advertisements

I'm having a very different experience, with suggestions all the time and up the wazoo.