TiVo Suggestions adjustment

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeTaxpayer, Feb 27, 2018.

1. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008

Advertisements

Is there any place to input to their algorithm?
    After years of having TiVo, I turned on suggestions again, and find that 2/3 of what's recored are Spanish programs. Unfortunately, I don't speak any other language, and it's just clutter in that folder.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    dfreybur likes this.
  3. Dave Methvin

Dave Methvin New Member

Feb 27, 2018
    The easiest way to tweak the algorithm is to just give the Spanish programs a thumbs down. It will get the message . :)

jrtroo likes this.
  4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    The only thumbs the OPs Tivo probably has are those from OnePasses. They start to learn pretty quickly, give three thumbs down to anything you will never want to watch and that similar items are also unwanted, one thumbs down to things that you don't like, but that similar items may be interesting. Do the opposite for thumbs up and you have a tweaked suggestion.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...

Advertisements

Are the recordings from spanish language channels? Remove them from your channels list.

rdrrepair and PSU_Sudzi like this.
  6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's what I see all the time. I Explore a program. I go to the Cast. I see what seems to be duplicate credits in Spanish. I have no Spanish channels checked. TiVo just seems to have a Spanish bias. o_O

7. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Be cautioned about doing any triple thumbs down. It says never view anything with any one who has ever been involved. There's a saying "Actors act. Waiters wait." It means any actor not currently working on better material will take infomercial gigs. Doing a triple thumbs down gets problematic very fast. I recommend double thumbs down for stuff you'll never watch.

I used to do double thumbs down on infomercials. Then I recorded those Best Commercials shows near the Super Bowl. Now I do single thumbs down on lots of infomercials, sports and such. Plus single thumbs up on movies with actors I like and double thumbs up on my very favorite shows. The absolute best top notch shows like Babylon 5, M*A*S*H and West Wing are the only ones that I give triple thumbs up. I treat it as an exponential scale.