Tivo Stream with Pace MG!?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by mikel51, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mikel51

mikel51 New Member

Dec 18, 2003

Advertisements

I have a Pace MG! from Mediacom. I am interested in downloading and streaming to my IPad. I am curious if the TiVo stream will work with the Pace box? The specs for the stream don't mention compatibility with the Pace Box, but the TiVo site describes the Pace box as compatible with the Stream

TiVo-Pace MG1 hardware features:
    • 6 video tuners
    • Integrated MoCA
    • Compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
    • At least 500GB of onboard storage
    • The MG1 supports TiVo's whole-home capabilities, including streaming your favorite shows using TiVo Stream to TiVo's mobile and tablet applications, multi-room streaming, and live TV streaming to TiVo Mini and the Pace Mi3 Mini.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    My understanding is that Mediacom doesn't allow for Tivo Stream to work right now. In their forums it has been asked about a few times, but the answers are no it doesn't work yet, but no time frame for it to be offered.

3. mikel51

mikel51 New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Apparently, Mediacom is now supporting. I just called to order one through them. They charge you for the hardware and then you own it (unlike the cable boxes). I guess I will see how it works in the near future.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Glad to hear Mediacom is now offering it.

5. TechDaddyK

TechDaddyK New Member

Sep 19, 2014

Advertisements

Did the MG1 work well for you? We've got one on order, but I'm finding product info about Mediacom's offering is impossible to find.

Does the TiVo Stream work for you? And how big is the hard drive that was included in the MG1?

6. mae

mae member

Dec 10, 2001
    USA
    If I remember correctly, posts on their forums said it is supported for in-home streaming, not out of home. You should ask the question there.