TiVo Stream support arrives for Android!

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by PCurry57, Sep 30, 2014.

1. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I caught the new update early Tuesday morning. Works great thank you!

I did have to go into the settings menu and explicitly turn streaming over lte on. My phone has unlimited data so not an issue. My tablet that was rooted can't stream though, bummer. I'm putting the original Rom back on (good bye unrestricted sdcard support). Since its data plan is limited I'm glad the default stream over lte is disabled.

Sigh no Chromecast support

2. Gadfly

Gadfly Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Yes, it works!
    watching TV on my Galaxy Note. I thought this is only supposed to work with Roamio. I am streaming from my premier right now.

3. Time_Lord

Time_Lord Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Aren't there programs out there that'll do a temporary unroot? Our at least make your phone look like it's not rooted.

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    It lives!

5. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    As long as there is a Tivo Stream, whether the stand-alone one or built-in to a Roamio, on your home network, you can stream from any Tivo Premiere or Roamio DVR in you home.

6. Gadfly

Gadfly Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Thanks! I didn't know that.

7. SQUIDWARD360

SQUIDWARD360 Member

May 28, 2010
    I've only tried it OOH over wifi bit it works pretty well. I'm hoping the speed has increased also. Video looks pretty good. The menu list is a bit bigger which was much needed.

8. Mike in MD

Mike in MD New Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Down loaded it this morning on my Samsung Galaxy 3. So far so good. Sweet!

9. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    So OOH streaming works on Android, with 4.1 or later?

On WiFi?

Is this true!?!?

10. huxleyan

huxleyan New Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I still haven't found a way to get past the rooted device restriction. Tried every possible workaround I can find, none of them work.

11. bgartz

bgartz New Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Looks like the LG G3 is not supported at this time :(

12. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    If I rememeber, the IOS guys had to work with the cloak software community to have tivo included. That may be necessary for android as well.

13. Grakthis

Grakthis New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    So, do I have to configure it from inside my home network? Installed the update at work, but it can't setup the TiVo for streaming from here. It just errors.

14. tombakken

tombakken New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Streaming works great for me with Roamio and Asus Android tablet combo. However some shows won't stream. Comes up with prompt asking me if I want to delete the video.

15. lickwid

lickwid Member

Oct 2, 2005
    SF Bay Area, CA
    You should be able to setup your stream from outside your network. Has been working fine on iOS forever now, and Android has no issues when I set it up this morning. My only issue is I can't stream now since I am on a rooted device.

16. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had that issue with videos that were transferred from my desktop to the Tivo using Tivo Desktop. Not sure if that is a limitation, bug, or feature not implemented yet. All shows recorded by the Tivo stream fine, so far.

17. Grakthis

Grakthis New Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Hmmmm... I'm on a galaxy nexus from my office (wifi) and it just errors. I'll kill the app and try again.

18. chuck95

chuck95 Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Just downloaded the app at work, trying to set up streaming (in home pre-checked, and I checked out of home and the disclaimer) but after I press "start setup" it says "not able to set up tivo stream."
    Streaming system info shows my TSN and Tivo name, but Status, software version, IP address, etc all shows "unknown."
    Full system info shows "unable to communicate with streaming device"

Maybe I need to be at home for the first time I set it up?
    I'll try tonight at home. Hope it works.

19. cgould

cgould Member

Dec 28, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    My Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3 (LS720), w/ android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, got streaming to work, wifi at home. I know not G3 model, but wanted to show another datapoint.
    Audio was fairly choppy though. My Roamio Plus is on wired gigabit w/ N 2g/5g wifi router.
    P.S. tried on 4g LTE also, worked fine. Have to enable the setting for mobile streaming not just wifi, and I did set up streaming on home wifi first.

Did not work on HTC Evo V 4g 3D :( that was Android 4.0 ICS I believe.
    Said Streaming not supported.

Still waiting on Kindles.
    Since my HD 8.9 is 4.0 Android base,... not looking good.

20. mikelvdl

mikelvdl New Member

Feb 28, 2014
    No streaming support for my NEXUS 5, unlocked boot loader running CynogenMod, Kitkat 4.4.4.