Tivo stream 4k

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Furmaniac, May 31, 2020.

1. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I'm surprised there's been very few postings about the TiVo Stream 4K stick.
    I was wondering if anybody had tried Xumo on it. You can't change channels and you can't get to the guide set back button shows the Guide for a half a second. Works fine on my fire stick and Roku.

As others have noted here I find Pluto much much better than TiVo Plus. Do you think we can expect Pluto to be integrated into TiVo's guide?

Sling is free for everyone while we're home with the Coronavirus pandemic. There is no signing in necessary. But TiVo has not chosen to put sling into the Guide for people who are using it in that matter... that's a shame. People might subscribe to Sling if they like it integrated into TiVo guide and as long as it's free I think TiVo has made one of their usual mistakes there.

TiVo sent me a survey about the stick and I let them have it. The search is very inaccurate. There are programs on Disney Plus and on Prime which give search results showng info but with no button to press to take you to an app. Some just ignore Prime and say it's only on Google Play Movies when that's not so. ..
    And when it's only on Google Play, you can't add it to My Shows.

I like neither the main Android screen nor the TiVo screens. Very busy & complicated. RUKO is organized so nicely.

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    TiVo Stream 4K has its own forum:

TiVo Stream 4K

Lots of posting there

compnurd and Mikeguy like this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I chuckled at, "I'm surprised there's been very few postings about the TiVo Stream 4K stick." :p

thyname, tommiet, HerronScott and 2 others like this.
  4. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Thank you. I looked for it and I searched for it and I couldn't find it

5. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I found nothing looking down the list in Coffee House

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Totally understandable (and I'm not blaming you--as you have seen, the Stream 4K has its own separate thread, posted way back down). It's just that, with the many threads there and their more than 4K posts, one had to smile at the comment.

7. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    You can add Disney through the play store.