Tivo Stream 4K in Hotel with web page login for WiFi

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by JeffInDFW, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

1. JeffInDFW

JeffInDFW Member

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Does Tivo Stream 4K have captive portal access?

I'm in a hotel with WiFi that requires you to go to a web page to enter your room number and last name to gain WiFi access. My Tivo Stream 4K sees the Wifi, and will connect, but I obviously can't go to the web page. Is there any way I can get my Tivo Stream 4K to log in? Thanks as always!

2. Alex_7

Alex_7 Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Not sure but you can try your mobile hotspot? It probably won’t be as fast tho

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Sometimes those Sign-In pages will show up if you load a web page...try Chrome?

-KP

4. JeffInDFW

JeffInDFW Member

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    To be honest, I didn't know you could install Chrome on the TS4K. I'll connect it to my phones hotspot, go to Google store and see if I can load Chrome on it.

5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Oh...I'm not sure either.

Isn't there a Browser built in at all?

A lot of those free-WiFi sign-in pages seem to be triggered on port 80, so that's why try a Browser.

-KP

6. usamac

usamac Member

Jun 4, 2020
    USA
    You cannot get chrome from the play store on androidtv os. Google deems it unfit for tv.

You can how ever sideload it. Incase this deters you, you should know sideloading is not illegal or going against any rules or warranties. It simply means, not getting it from the playstore.

I have chrome, chromium, tor, firefox(which I prefer) all sideloaded.. you need a virtual mouse. Of which, you have a few different options unless you have a bluetooth mouse already. If not, check out this video here.

If, you wanted to try a browser from the playstore that is fit for androidtv os, then you'd want to get Puffin.

7. U'nique

U'nique New Member

Friday
    Yes, it does. I just turned on a guest network on my router. Click on the notification that appears to the left of the settings icon (top right of the home page). It'll open up the page for you to input your response.

kpeters59 likes this.