Tivo Stream 4K Guide Button Goes to first channel instead of the channel being watched?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by omelet1978, Apr 2, 2021.

1. omelet1978

omelet1978 Active Member

Mar 7, 2006

Advertisements

I have a Tivo Stram 4K with Slingtv. The guide button seems to not work as it used to and just goes to the first channel in the lineup guide which is ABC.

Is there a fix for this or is this a bug in a recent software update? It's not a deal breaker but is rather annoying. I'd like to hit the guide button and then the guide pops up on the channel I'm watching like it used to do.

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Are you sure that's a Tivo issue and not a sling issue? Did you check the update date on the sling app? Is there a forum for sling owners? Or maybe the android tv subreddit. I would think the guide command si the same and the app is treating it differently. How would tivo have access to sling to bring up something different than the command normally brings up?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

3. scottchez

scottchez Active Member

Dec 1, 2003
    My guide button exits the sling app and goes to the Tivo universal guide that has Sling and Pluto. So nothing to do with Sling.
    Sure would lime to use the button mapper app to change the guide button to bring up the guide in the Sling app lime their SlingAIR REMOTE does. Anyone know keyboard code for that? I dont use the Tivo universal guide