Tivo stops offering Extended Warranty?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by nrobertson, May 11, 2020.

1. nrobertson

nrobertson Member

Dec 14, 2003
    I have 2 Tivo Bolt+ w/3TB drive. Each has been replaced once due to failure (what fun). Most recently my March 2018 Bolt+ died with harddrive failure. Luckily I had purchased the 3yr extended warranty so it was covered and did the quick advanced ship replacement. Now that it's up/running I checked my tivo.com account and had the "Add Extended Warranty" link under the new TSN# for this replacement Bolt+. It said the only way to obtain was to call their number. I tried. I was told that new this week they are no longer offering extended warranties??? Has anyone else run into this? I pushed the issue, put on hold, and when the lady came back was told yes it was a new policy and the website hasn't been updated yet.

I've read the other threads about cooling options so have ordered a couple of the recommended USB fans to keep these bolts cool.

Guess I need to do a bit more research and find out how to upgrade to external hard drives to reduce internal heat and improve the longevity of these things?

2. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Works with TE3 also

TE4 Bolt upgrade with external drive