tivo stole my tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by linuxrlz, Oct 17, 2005.

1. linuxrlz

linuxrlz New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    So. Cal.

Advertisements

I sent my tivo in for repair. All legal with rma and everything. called tivo and they say the warehouse has problems but they say it has arrived. My tivo was received by them 9/23/05 and I still don't have it (10/16/05).

Any suggestions? Anyone have similar problems?

Still waiting 10/20/05 ...

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    When did they say you're supposed to get it back?

3. linuxrlz

linuxrlz New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    So. Cal.
    They would not commit to a date.

4. Stoystown

Stoystown New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    How much are you paying for them to fix it?

5. linuxrlz

linuxrlz New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    So. Cal.

Advertisements

Nothing. It was returned under warranty. An 80hour version 2.

6. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    I guess you could call them and ask.

FYI-
    They won't "FIX" it, they're going to send you a refurbished unit.

Where did you buy it ?
    If you bought it at a local store you should have brought it back to the store and told them to give you a new one since this one failed under the warranty time period.

7. tally

tally 2 old 2 be a techie

Apr 25, 2005
    I RMA'd mine for an exchange on 9/30 and no replacement yet either. :( The last person I spoke to there said worst case scenario was that it would arrive today - didn't happen. They claim to be unable to contact the RMA center to find out what's going on and say the RMA center doesn't put what they do in the computer so no one knows where things stand.

8. linuxrlz

linuxrlz New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    So. Cal.
    I called and was told that they don't know the status. The warehouse got it and that's all they'll commit to.

I bought it from TiVo. This is actually a "Fixed" one that stopped working shortly after I got it. This is the fourth exchange.

I love the 3 other tivo's I have, but this one really sux big time. Also, I never got a rebate for the tivo I got my son.

This is the last tivo for me. I will definitely stop recommending tivo's. I bought one for my dad and several friends have bought them after my recommendation. No more ...

Sorry Tivo, you've screwed up too much and MS MCE is looking better all the time.

9. linuxrlz

linuxrlz New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    So. Cal.
    Sounds like you're getting the same treatment.

Looks like a complaint to the BBB and a class action lawsuit is in order.

WAKE UP TIVO!

10. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Wouldn't you need more than 2 people to have a class action lawsuit? :rolleyes:

11. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Try sending a private message to TivoBill. He's a Tivo employee and is often very helpful helping with Tivo customer support issues.

12. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    I thought TivoBill no longer worked for TiVo and now posts as JustBill.

13. ECN

ECN New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Doesn't it seem strange then, that the "return" seems to be waiting on the repair of the original?

I mean, wouldn't they have sent out a refurb immediately upon getting the old?

Something doesn't sound right here.

Could they be changing their policy on how they're handling machines still under warranty? (As in no more replacements?)

14. ECN

ECN New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    There are still other TiVo folks who post here, tho', aren't there?

15. SJAndrew

SJAndrew spongeworthy

Sep 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I sent mine back for a replacement as well. When I spoke with the CSR on the phone (upon receiving the RMA after 1 hour and 6 minutes on hold), he said they would send the replacement upon receipt.

I called last Friday to find out when I would be getting it back (they received it 10/6 according to UPS). I received the same lame "we're moving the warehouse" excuse. Because they're moving warehouses - they're not able to confirm receipt (although I can confirm it myself), whether it's been processed, or whether or not a new one has been sent out. The person I talked with (Elvira) was worthless I'm sorry to say. All she could do is repeat that it should take 7-10 days.

My opinion of TiVo lessens every day :mad: .

Nothing irritates me more than being helpless and in the dark. I wish I had never sent it to them - who knows when I'll get it back. Even if they're going to blow past the promised 7-10 day window (as they already have), give me some real information. For all I know it's a paperweight on Elvira's desk.

16. Stanley Rohner

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma

I remember one time a long time ago hearing they didn't have refurbs available at the time to send out. It took longer to get a refurb unit back cause they were busy patching units up so they could send them out as refurbs.

17. Stanley Rohner

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Maybe you should stop recommending buying a TiVo directly from TiVo. Go to BESTBUY or similar next time and get a BRAND NEW ONE. If it fails during the warranty period you can go back to the store and ask for a new one off the shelf, like it should be. If new unit fails during warranty period I don't think we should ever have to settle for a refurb, we should always get a brand new one, to replace a brand new one that died.

I thought most of the time when TiVo sells the units directly to the customers at some really great price in the fine, fine print it says -refurbished units.

18. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

The point that you missed is that PMing TivoBill for current inside information/help is rather useless. And the fact that there are other Tivo folks that post here is also of no help what so ever.

19. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    I sent one of my units back yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery on 10/19. I was told to send it to Louisville, KY. Isn't that the same warehouse that their old direct sales company used (the one that went belly up)? If so, what the heck is going on and how is TiVo even getting the units at all? I thought that warehouse was supposed to be cleared out? No wonder they aren't cross-shipping units. They probably don't have any units to send. Something is wrong somewhere and either customer service knows and isn't telling, or they are in the dark.

Very very bad TiVo :thumbsdown:

20. ECN

ECN New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    It's the aliens.

They've finally succeeded and they're undermining all the essential support systems.

Next thing you know, Blockbuster will begin running out of movies...

It's a nightmare, I tell you! A NIGHTMARE!!!!!