Tivo Sticks in Fast Forward

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Emacee, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    My Series 3 sometimes gets stuck when I got to fast forward through commercials. I push the fast forward button and the show starts to fast forward but then won't respond to any additional commands (including going to second stage fast forward). After several minutes Tivo automatically goes to the main menu and when I go back to resume playing in the show I was watching, the show is back where I was when I hit fast forward. Any idea what's happening?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I have never seen anything like this. Is it just some programs or all? Does it only happen with recordings from a particular channel?

If your Tivo hasn't rebooted in a long time, it might be time to pull the plug.
    A hard reboot may fix things.

3. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    Try putting new batteries in your remote.

4. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    I have re-booted and did check batteries. When I push the button on the remote I see a light on the front of the Tivo but no response.
    Today it I got no response when I first tried to fast forward. The recorded show continued to play but I lost the time display at the bottom of the screen (sps9s). Then the playback froze completely and the system rebooted on its own.
    I have a new hard drive (a couple of months old) and it passed Kickstart 54.
    I don't see any pattern. It happens on different channels and on most programs. Sometimes the freeze is very brief and happens only once or twice. Other times the freeze is longer and more frequent.
    Any ideas?

5. TiVo Mel

TiVo Mel King of TiVo Nation

Jun 20, 2005
    Vegas?
    I have a similar problem with my S3. New batteries and the light on the front of the unit indicates that the signal was received, but the FF continues. If I hit "play" several times it will finally stop. It doesn't happen every time - only once in a great while, so I'm not really annoyed with it.