Tivo stepped up and exceeded my expectations today

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sac84371, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jun 9, 2011 #1 of 36
    sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    Tivo today resolved a long standing issue for me which has really made me once again have faith in the Tivo of today which in turn makes me look forward to seeing what the Tivo of tomorrow can do.

Tivo listened, Tivo responded, Tivo resolved. Way to go Tivo. Much appreciated.

2. Jun 9, 2011 #2 of 36
    Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Monroe, MI
    um.. ok? what was the problem? what did they do?

3. Jun 9, 2011 #3 of 36
    sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    Too many specific issues to list but my point of my post was to illustrate that Tivo is indeed listening to customers when things go wrong and if there is a resolution to be had Tivo will find it. I did not feel this way recently and have been a long time supporter of Tivo but became disenchanted over the last year. I finally found someone at Tivo who listened, responded then resolved my issue.

It was refreshing to be heard and thus the reason for my post. If you too are frustrated with Tivo for one reason or another let them know and maybe there can be a resolution for you as well. Maybe not today but Tivo certainly looks like they can provide assurance that many issues are known and either resolved or in the process of being resolved.

4. Jun 9, 2011 #4 of 36
    lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I have no problem with you giving credit to good CS from TiVo but we all want to know at least some of the problems you had that were fixed, hardware problems, subscription cost problems, channel guide data problems, etc.

5. Jun 9, 2011 #5 of 36
    sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    delete

6. Jun 9, 2011 #6 of 36
    jmX

jmX Member

May 7, 2004
    Los Angeles
    So their CS was crap, and you had to go up the chain to get your flakey hardware fixed, and they get props for this?

Ok. Its easy to see how this "exceeded your expectations".

7. Jun 9, 2011 #7 of 36
    dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I don't see how your experience demonstrates this "awakening". I think you're just so relieved to finally get satisfaction that you are bubbling over with praise, which is an understandable emotional (but not logical) reaction.

8. Jun 9, 2011 #8 of 36
    Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Give him a break... I don't think he said that he had a stellar experience ... all he said was that they "exceeded my expectations" ... getting any help at all after 24 months of aggravation qualifies.

If your expectation is "zero" then 0.000001 exceeds expectation ... Eh?

9. Jun 9, 2011 #9 of 36
    sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    delete

10. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I still don't see how you get this general statement about TiVo from your experience. You finally found one person at TiVo who had the right attitude. Or did you accidentally dial your therapist on that last call? :D

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy.

11. sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...

Really, Really that is your response. I am done with this forum. You are a bunch of wolves ready to attack at any minute. Your reply was less then insightful and pointless. Seriously when did this forum become so hateful and full of spite.

And you DLFL, "Old timer," might want to reread your smug reply and check your attitude at the door.

Now I am happy. Goodbye and Good Riddance.

12. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    +1

Just watch... they'll post "don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out!" or something like that. I don't know what's come over the fora, and some issues like that have increased on the Internet in general, but it seems to be worse here than anywhere else I visit.

Glad to hear you finally got satisfaction out of Tivo - hopefully others enjoy that experience too.

13. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Maybe it's a good thing for this thread to end. I was somewhat suspicious about the way it began.

14. sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    delete

15. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    FWIW, I'm glad to hear you got your issues resolved with Tivo. However, you have to understand that the old-timers here are extremely skeptical when it comes to anyone giving kudos to Tivo customer service. It just sounds like you were lucky enough to find someone that was willing to listen, which tends to be the exception rather than the rule when it comes to Tivo's customer service (or extreme lack thereof).

16. sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    delete

17. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    +1 :up: That sums it up well, and I doubt it is just "old-timers" who react that way. (I've been on this forum for just 5 years and that makes me an "old-timer" :confused:)

Sorry sac84371 -- I can tell my jibe about your therapist may have gone too far, although I did accompany it with the :D. This was motivated by my reaction to your posting style which seems too high on rhetoric, verbosity and emotion and too low on logic and consistency. For example, your first few words in the other thread you linked are:
    Sounds like Marc Anthony in a Shakespeare play. ("Friends, Romans, countrymen! ..."), i.e., overly dramatic. (And you presume to represent "US ALL").

I sincerely believe most or all the negative reaction you received in this thread results from a combination of (1) your experience not justifying any real hope that TiVo has improved its support substantially, which you seem to imply, plus (2) a reaction to your overly dramatic and verbose style.

18. sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Greater...
    Dlfl,

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate looking at things from a different perspective.

19. Geemer

Geemer New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The only emotional posting that is allowed on this forum is negative emotion. Check your happiness at the door. Happiness is only allowed if it is logical. Make sure your posting style fits in with the generally accepted status quo or you will be summarily flamed.

20. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    From the information you have provided, it doesn't seem to me like you needed to put up with the issues you were experiencing for 24 months. If you just kept returning the defective hardware, I think you could have resolved the issues in a couple of months at most.