Tivo Status for Wordpress

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by BOfH, Nov 1, 2005.

1. BOfH

BOfH New Member

Sep 9, 2003

Advertisements

If anyone uses Wordpress, has a Internet reachable Tivo running Tivoweb and wants to share what their Tivo is doing with the world, then I have just the thing for you...

(dead URLs removed)

It's a standard Wordpress plugin that displays a nifty little graphic showing what your Tivo is up to right now. It caches the data (configurable expiry) so it doesn't hammer your Tivo everytime someone reads your blog. It'll do authentication if you've password protected Tivoweb (as you should have!).

It works with LJ's mods to Tivoweb on my UK Tivo, I've not tried it on the stock /info screen so I'd welcome feedback. The parsing of the /info page is a bit lazy (okay it's *very* lazy) so be prepared for unpredictable results if you've edited your tivoweb modules.

Huge thanks to everyone who has ever contributed a hack/mod/useful script to this and all the other forums us Tivo-types frequent. Your work has help me make my Tivo the centre of a home media network. Thanks!

2. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Yo Ho TiVo!

Oct 17, 2001
    RG4,...
    cool :D

I'm definitely going to have a go at this - just to make people at work jealous. Excellent stuff :)

3. thepicman

thepicman Motivated Sluggard

May 5, 2004
    Bottom of a...

I have it connecting to my S2 DTivo. It detects the status properly (recording or not), but all of the other line items are empty. I am using TWP 1.2.1, so perhaps the /info listing is different?

TPM

Aha! :rolleyes: The problem was/is that the DTivo has 2 tuners and depending on what one or both of them are doing, the /info page changes length. Will report back

4. Cowboy2005

Cowboy2005 New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    On a series 1 DirectTv Tivo Box running TivoWebPlus 1.0

The regular expression to parse looks like this originally:

preg_match_all ("/<td colspan=\"4\">([^`]*?)<\/td>/", $data, $matches);

Needs to be edited to look like this:

preg_match_all ("/<TD colspan=4>([^`]*?)<\/TD>/", $data, $matches);

in the plugin file for wordpress called: wp-tivostatus-0.4.php

samples of what to parse from the info page look like this:

<TR ><TD>Uptime</TD><TD colspan=4>0d 0h 05m 00s</TD></TR>
    <TR ><TD>Current Temperature:</TD><TD colspan=4>50C / 122.0F</TD></TR>

5. TiVo_Lad

TiVo_Lad Upgraded!

Oct 25, 2002
    Lincolnshire...

Advertisements

I'm either blind, stupid or dead (and possibly all three) but I can't see it anywhere!

6. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    To be fair, that post is well-over a year old. It was been there 'cos I saw it when he originally posted. I'm not surprised he's change it :)

Hmm.... no it's not. Stupid Americal format date :( However, it is nearly a year old.