TiVo, Slingbox, and XBox

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GMP, Oct 16, 2007.

1. GMP

GMP New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Ok, so here's what I want to do.

I have a TiVo (series2 Pioneer DVD Recorder), an XBOX and a Slingbox.

A buddy of mine wants to watch me play XBOX so he can see how awesome I am. So I wanted to run my XBOX into my TiVo's A/V inputs, and then with the dual outputs from the TiVo, run them to my TV and my Slingbox.

It's not really working.

Anyone know how to accomplish this? How do I get the TiVo to display what goes into it's A/V inputs?

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    any particular reason for the Tivo in the mix? Do you want to record your xboxing or just transmit it? not sure if you can to that anyway... just plug the xbox into the slingbox and have him watch live. or invite him over for the droolfest.

3. GMP

GMP New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Well, I'm using the TiVo as a splitter. If I plugged the XBOX into the Slingbox, then I wouldn't be able to see the game on my TV screen.

I actually figured it out, but there's a delay for the XBOX as it runs through the TiVo now...so that sucks.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You need an A/V selector to go between the TiVo and the TV. You can then connect the Xbox to the selector.

5. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    the slingbox has a pass through also, so you can run the xbox into the slingbox and out to the tv, as long as the tv has enough inputs.