TiVo slide remote to power on sound bar?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by talasyn, Nov 27, 2015.

1. talasyn

talasyn New Member

Jan 21, 2003

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out how to have my TiVo slide pro remote power on my sound bar.

I have a Samsung television and the Sony sa-wct150 sound bar / sub. I've programmed the remote to successfully power on the tv and it controls the sound bar volume / mute just fine. The remote powers off the tv and sound bar together (but I'm thinking that the act of turning off the tv automatically turns off the sound bar).

The missing piece is to have the sound bar power on via my TiVo slide pro remote.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Todd

2. sarantube

sarantube New Member

Jan 20, 2015
    I have the same problem. I'm using a Samsung TV with a Bose Cinemate 11 sound system. The remote functions to control the sound but does not turn the sound system on.

3. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Use the multi learn feature to add the correct sound bar power toggle.

4. ShinySteelRobot

ShinySteelRobot Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My TV is able to send a signal over HDMI to turn on connected devices that understand that same signal. My non-Sony TV is able to send that signal to my Sony sound bar.

That way, when I use the Power button on my Slide Remote, it turns on the TV, which automatically turns on the sound bar. Works like a charm.

Maybe your TV has a similar function?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014

Advertisements

I have a Boston sound bar with wireless sub. Had a similar problem so I used the Optical Digital connection from sound bar to TV. My Roamio remote non slider turns the TV (Samsung) and sound bar on and turns them both off. Try it if you have that option. Now my remote does it all including raise and lower volume.