TiVo Slide Remote Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by fpp777, Jul 2, 2011.

1. fpp777

fpp777 Member

Jan 17, 2008
    I have a TiVo Hd. I have a Harman Kardon AVR 347. I just purchased a TiVo Slide Remote. Here is the problem during set up. I enter the program codes for the remote to control the receiver, but the remote will only control the volume and mute, it will not power the HK on and off. When I press the power button, only the tv responds. I can't teach the TiVo remote to learn the power code from the HK remote, as the HK remote has a separate on and off button. The remote that came with the TiVo unit controlled both fuctions, but the new puppy destroyed that remote.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. SpiritualPoet

SpiritualPoet Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Texas
    Buy a replacement remote identical to the one the puppy destroyed. Not all remotes control all functions. Only a true universal "learning" remote, which you point a totally functioning remote toward it to learn the infrared commands is likely capable of controlling every desired command. (With the possible exception of those multi-hundred dollar remotes that you can buy that download practically any code from a manufacturer's Website).

3. fpp777

fpp777 Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Thanks, but for some reason, none of those solutions are working.