Tivo Slide Remote bluetooth hook are

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hsjfaar1, Oct 22, 2011.

1. hsjfaar1

hsjfaar1 New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just purchased the slide remote. I understand that in order to get the keyboard to work I need to hook up the blue tooth to the back of the tv by usb. My question is that I have both of the usb outlets on the premiere in use. One is hooked up to the tuning adapter provided by the Cable company. The other is hooked up to the Tivo wireless G adapter. I have a usb hub, that I want to use. I need to know if it is possible to hook up the usb hub to the back of the premiere and then hook up the wireless adapter and the bluetooth adapter to the hub. Will they still work even though they are not technically connected to the premiere. Thanks for all the help.

2. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Going through the hub, they are technically connected to the Premiere, if indirectly. That configuration is suppose to work.

3. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Actually you connect it to the Tivo USB port, not your TV.

There are only a couple of USB hubs that work with the Tivo, so make sure yours will because mine didn't when I tried it.

But I had the same problem...tuning adapter, Tivo wireless network adapter and Slide Remote via Bluetooth USB. What I did was use two Monster PowerNet200 network adapters to replace the tivo wireless network adapter. They connect via ethernet, each plug into an electrical outlet and use your homes electrical wiring to connect to each other. One adapter connects to the Tivo and the other connects to the router. Problem solved.

4. miadlor

miadlor Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Rhode Island
    I use this.....

D-Link DLDUBH4
    DUB-H4 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Hub

5. hsjfaar1

hsjfaar1 New Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!