Tivo Slide Bluetooth Remote Programming

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ballzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ballzo

ballzo New Member

May 3, 2005
    Anyone know how to program one of these things? I've done others and I had this one setup for while but I haven't done one in a long time. This one has been acting goofy for a while working some of the time. It quit working entirely a days ago so I put new batteries in it. Now all the tivo stuff works but not tv functions, volume, power etc. I tried the remote programming from the settings menu but it doesn't seem to work. I don't see any blinking lights on the remote when trying to program it? Not sure what to try next? Wondering if its broken or hopefully I'm doing something wrong.

Dave

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  3. ballzo

ballzo New Member

May 3, 2005
    No, it does not.

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Stuck button maybe? Definitely sounds like something is wrong with it.

5. ballzo

ballzo New Member

May 3, 2005
    Well I know the tivo button works for sure.

6. ballzo

ballzo New Member

May 3, 2005
    When I press on the power and volume buttons the light on the remote comes on?

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Good ... once the light is on solid, enter the four digit remote code. The light should then blink a few times (three, I think?) if a valid code was entered. You should then be able to control your TV with the remote. If not, repeat the instructions and try the next four digit remote code.

8. ballzo

ballzo New Member

May 3, 2005
    I'll try it again tonight but last time holding down the buttons, nothing happened. No lights on the remote.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I guess I was confused ... I thought you meant the lights were on. Sounds like maybe you were asking if the lights should come on?

To clarify, when you hold down Power + TiVo for a few seconds, the light at the top of the remote should come on solid. If it's not (or if there's no light at all) something is wrong with it.