Tivo slide bluetooth dongle works on PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Newbie, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Newbie

Newbie Member

Jan 19, 2002

Advertisements

I needed to transfer a photo from a cellphone to PC, but I don't have the cable at hand. So I plug the tivo slide's usb dongle on the PC and was able to pair it with my phone and transfer the file! :up:

So, the tivo slide usb dongle is just a generic usb dongle like those that come with cordless mouse? If I plug in a generic usb dongle into the Tivo, would it also work with the slide remote?

And if I plug a bluetooth dongle into the PC, can I pair the PC with the tivo slide and use the slide as a remote control for the PC keyboard?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yes, the Slide is pretty much a standard USB HID device. People have plugged lots of different USB keyboards (both wired and wireless) into the TiVos. I'm not sure anyone's tested a Slide with a PC -- I've meant to, but haven't got around to it.

3. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    Does it have problems responding to button presses and/or interpreting one key press as many? I'm just curious if these are problems with the slide or with the Tivo.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Neither my Slide nor the TiVo it's connected to has any such problem.

5. Newbie

Newbie Member

Jan 19, 2002

Advertisements

My slide has delayed response, sometimes a few seconds, when using it without line of sight to the tivo. Once tivo responded, the subsequent keys get immediate response, until the remote idles for a while.

Not sure if it's a bluetooth issue or tivo overloaded issue. When I get a PC USB keyboard I'll plug it into the Tivo USB port to test the response time.

6. sirfergy

sirfergy Member

May 18, 2002
    I paired my Slide with my PC, but it doesn't seem to work as a keyboard. Is there something special I need to do?