TiVo Shipping

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by freak2532, Apr 16, 2006.

1. freak2532

freak2532 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    I am new to TiVo and just ordered a 80-Hour Series 2 TiVo the other day. I'm expecting it Tuesday/Wednesday. However, besides the first email saying I placed the order from TiVo I haven't gotten anything else saying its been processed, shipped, etc... Will I get another email saying the order was processed and has been shipped? If so, will there also be a tracking number? I couldn't find who they use for shipping... I'm only wondering because we have had several problems in the past with the USPS and losing our mail or FedEx/UPS leaving packages sitting on the porch for hours while i'm at work. I had 3 big boxes including Computer Monitor, new case, and some parts and UPS left them there (even though it required a sig)... I'm not to fond of them just dropping off my TiVo to my front porch and leaving... Any information would be great. Thanks.

2. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    It seems to be pretty common when ordering from the Tivo store to not get the tracking number email until after the package arrives. :rolleyes:

I had called about my order after a couple weeks (was concerned about a backordered Tivo wireless adapter preventing me from getting lifetime on the Tivo I ordered) and the helpful operator was able to give me a tracking # over the phone. It arrived shortly after calling. The email came later.

3. freak2532

freak2532 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    okay thanks for the info. do you know if they use USPS, FedEx, or UPS?

4. JacksTiVo

JacksTiVo TiVo User since 2001

Jan 7, 2006
    New Jersey
    My recent experience with Tivo is that you will not receive any tracking information. Also generally with electronic/computer shipping, the carriers are required to obtain a signature and will not drop-off on the porch. Your experience with UPS is interesting. The driver could have been fired if part of your computer shipment was taken from your porch.

They use various carriers including DHL.

5. freak2532

freak2532 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    FedEx has always been good about not leaving things that require a sig. However it wasn't just one UPS driver, cause its happened several times around town for different drivers. My mom had her new cell phone left on her front porch (not even inside the screen door) and it has the Cingullar logos on it, etc. This area isn't too fond of UPS. I haven't gotten anything from DHL.

Thanks for all the info. I'll await the package.

6. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    My adapter arrived via FedEx.
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=3846627&&#post3846627

Not so sure how the Tivo itself was delivered. It was in a brown box. :eek:

Do they use both UPS and FedEx?

Edit: was forgetting my adapter and the Tivo came together in same box from FedEx. I think my remote from Tivo Rewards came via USPS.

7. cdeckert219

cdeckert219 technogeek

Jan 7, 2006
    San Diego
    I ordered a refurb stand alone and received it within a few days...but didn't receive any shipping notification whatsoever. Can't remember which shipping company, though.

8. freak2532

freak2532 New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Amazing... I got my tracker number in an email today and it will be coming FedEx... It says it was shiped Friday, so i was hoping to have it today(i got 2-day shipping) but FedEx says i won't have it till tomorrow. Thats 3-day shipping. not sure why the extra day when i paid for 2-day shipping...