TiVo Service - PLease Don't Leave Us

Discussion in 'TiVo NZ/Australia' started by Austin Barden, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Austin Barden

Austin Barden New Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I received my replacement FetchTV Mighty last week. As expected, it's not a scratch on the TiVo.

I'm in a broadband deficient area and am not interested in anything but free-to-air TV (FTATV) - don't get me started on pay TV. Consequently, the TiVo is perfect for my application whereas the Fetch is just loaded with broadband features which are useless to me. And while the Fetch may have 4 X tuners, one can't record on them all (one is for watching and I think another is for the EPG). Leaving 2 X tuners for program recording. So, I get just as many recording conflicts as with the TiVo.

The Fetch might be a good product, but for FTATV alone, the TiVo is better. The TiVo is far superior in its EPG presentation, setting recordings, finding recordings and can even recover deleted recordings.

I don't want my TiVo Service to end in October. What can possibly be done to retain it?

2. kaiser1111

kaiser1111 New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Only 2 recorders available that's interesting. I have tried using my Tivo's as manual recorders ie not connected to the internet. They work fine except no program info just time and date. One of the best features of TiVo is the 2 channels swap ability. With a bit of ingenuity you can watch 2 programs live by switching back and forth during commercials. I have a fetch box that was part of a internet package but have never used it for recording programs, just use it for catch up occasionally. My (4) TiVos have been running perfectly since the troubles a few months back Such a pity the service will end.