Tivo Service in the UK

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by destiny, Feb 6, 2011.

1. destiny

destiny New Member

Dec 16, 2005

Advertisements

Not sure if this the right place to post this. I don't wan't to go over to Virgin for two reasons one I can't afford it at the moment and secondly I get my broadbrand with a dedicated ip which I don't want to loose. Tivo don't seem to understand that there are good services out there like Freeview that we are happy with and that to move to Virgin is going to be costly and means taking up services we don't need or won't use.

Tivo always offered better functionality than the Sky Services and I have had many discussions with my friends over this. It seems Tivo will burn its good will in the uk and loose some loyal customers.

So some of us may have to look for other solutions.

2. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
  3. Trinitron

Trinitron New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    North West
    I think they understand it very well. Virgin are offering Tivo an entire platform to roll out their software. Freeview is a more cluttered marketplace and probably hasn't got the numbers to make a viable service.

Probably true, but they are in the business to make money, and very little has been coming out of the UK in the past. TiVo are struggling to sell standalone units in the US, where are the people in the UK? A few thousand S1 users (many of whom also have Sky+) aren't going to make much impact, however enthusiastic we are!

4. sad_tivo_man

sad_tivo_man New Member

Apr 27, 2003
    But that doesn't mean we should just roll over but continue to persuade TiVo Inc to organise a replacement service if the Sky contract is/has ended.