1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Series 3 HD Replacement.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Millionaire2K, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Active Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Philadelphia
    The HD in my Series 3 HD needs replacing. It died :(

I tried using the Stock HD that I pulled from the box before I ever powered it on 9 years ago. That was working great until I got stuck at guide setup because all zip codes I try result in no zip code cable provider found errors.

It seems the HD has the original SW that shipped with the new Series 3 HD boxes. I can't update it because of zip code errors stop me. So I'm stuck.

So I was wondering if someone had a link to the SW file for the TiVo HD DVR TCD652160

Also a link to instructions on how to create a HDD would be very helpful. Thanks.

PS. This is a lifetime unit.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. genebopp

genebopp Member

Dec 11, 2008
  3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Go to the Upgrade Center forum and post in the "Need an image?" thread.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Most likely because it had old software, when it said it was calling to get information, it was really downloading the latest available software. Reboot the tivo and it will install the newest software which is compatible with the new guide information.

5. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Active Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Philadelphia
    It always completed the call in like 10 secs. I tried like 15 times and rebooted 15 times. No new sw is being downloaded.

Do you have a link?

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...