Tivo Series 2 TCD24008A in use w/ DirecTV Samsung HDTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by fancypantsdw, Jan 25, 2006.

1. fancypantsdw

fancypantsdw New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I am a new user to the forum, though I've been trolling here for a while. I now need some assistance.

I'm using a Tivo Series 2 TCD24008A with a DirectV Samsung HDTV receiver. The problem I have is that, as configured, I have to have the two machines on the same channel for the Tivo to record what I want it to. No matter what I want to record, the Tivo records whatever channel the Samsung is on.

Is it possible that an easy fix to this may be running a multiswitch with separate signals running into each machine? Or is this something I could fix by using a different guide?

Or am I just hosed and need to get a new machine?

I appreciate any help.

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    your model is a stand alone Sereis 2 I beleive.

given that, the short answer is no. the TiVo totally relies on the DirectTV receiver to tune and descramble the channel. the TiVo can ONLY record what the reciever is tuned to, it can not do anything on its own with a DirectTV signal.

look into DirectTV TiVo DVRs as they are integrated and can do what you want.
    cheap ones to be had for SD with dual tuners and more expensive ones for HD with dual tuners.