TiVo Series 2 setup fail ZIP CODE

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Matthew51, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Matthew51

Matthew51 New Member

Apr 30, 2021

Advertisements

So I have about 8 TiVo series 2's that I have used as instant replay stations at my gym. They used to be very easy to set up as "Cable only" boxes and then I just plug a CCTV camera into it and then easily play, rewind, slow motion, and then just keep it on a delay. A few of my systems have crapped out so I purchased new ones and tired to set them up. In the past I used a phone line but now they have discontinued the phone service, so I tried the network and it wont go past the ZIP code input. I cannot find any zip code that will work, not even 00000. I'm hoping they have not changed it to where I cant set them up anymore as Instant replay like I used to do but Im worried they are. Any help with getting past setup would be great!

2. mahermusic

mahermusic Deadlines Amuse Me

Mar 11, 2003
    U.S.A.
    I don't believe older TiVos, like your Series 2's, are able to go through Guided Setup anymore. I believe they nixed the ability to set up older TiVos some time ago.

3. JLV03

JLV03 Active Member

Feb 12, 2018
    If the TiVo has lifetime, it should still work.

It is correct that month-to-month and other non-lifetime plans on older TiVos are no longer allowed. I believe this applies all the way up to Premiere/Series 4.

4. jhd63

jhd63 New Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I am running a pair of Series 2 devices that I bought from eBay earlier this year, January and March. Both of them have lifetime service. Was able to do guided set up multiple times after upgrading the hard drives.