Tivo Series 2 S03

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by saberman, Mar 30, 2020.

1. saberman

saberman Member

May 4, 2004
    I have tried kickstarting 57 the machine a few time. The green screen says it will take three hours but it reboots after less than 30 minutes and does not cure the problem. Is there anything else to try short of having the hard drive replaced?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It needs to clear out old data, like from the Guide and its taking too long so that is the Error S03. It can take days, disconnect from network.

3. saberman

saberman Member

May 4, 2004
    I am confused. Should I disconnect the USB network adapter? For how long? Is there some other way to clear out old data?

4. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes.
    No, when it tries to make a Tivo connection, parts of the old data gets removed.

You should not run "clear Program Data & ToDo List" and there has been reports of it getting stuck and not recover.

5. saberman

saberman Member

May 4, 2004
    Is there some other way to get the old data removed besides disconnecting the USB network adapter? I have another Tivo Series 2 that is working and I pull shows from.

6. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Do a -- Clear Program Information & To Do List -- will take a few hours to complete.

7. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yesterday one of my TE3 Roamio boxes received a TE4 guide update. That means the data ended at 8pm on the date shown in System Information and there were two days of 100% TBA. I knew a CPI&TDL would cause me to lose everything. I made several service connections and power cycles. Finally I reran Guided Setup. That fixed the guide and no data was lost. Some settings were lost, like video output, but it was better than creating a brick.