Tivo Series 2 DST issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dandshall, Mar 14, 2011.

1. dandshall

dandshall New Member

Mar 14, 2011

Advertisements

I am sure that this has been asked MANY times before.

I live in Arizona, where there is no Daylight Savings Time. We stay the same time all year round.

I have a Tivo Series 2 with lifetime subscription
    Software version is 9.3.2b-01-2-140

Since we do not have DST, my clock on my Tivo is now off by an hour. I read last year on many posts that Tivo did not have a fix for this yet. Is there a fix, a way to correct it?

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's been a long long time since I've done guided setup on a S2, but I thought there was an option for observing DST or not observing it.

3. dandshall

dandshall New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    According to the guided set up posted on Tivo support, there is no option to disable or able the DST during the guided set up.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    See if your guide info is off by the same amount of time in the same direction as the TiVo's clock.

That's the "workaround" they used on the Series 1s which had the 'old' DST start and stop dates hard-coded into the software.

In other words, your Tivo thinks it's a certain time when it's not, so they lie to it about when shows are on so that it all comes out even.

5. dandshall

dandshall New Member

Mar 14, 2011

Advertisements

My Tivo time and the guide time is off the by the same amount of time (1hr). It does come out "even" but I wish that Tivo could have fixed this issue or allowed users to disable DST.