TiVo Series 2 Audio problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by obesedude, Aug 5, 2007.

1. obesedude

obesedude New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    hey all,
    i didn't see this question answered so i am proceeding to ask it.

tivo is not always recording audio. video is fine, tivo menu sounds are audible but sometimes tivo will stop recording the audio in the middle of the show or not at all. whats strange is if you change the channel, the audio for the new channel is usually there.

i thought maybe it might be the cable company but i checked today, and no audio for mythbusters on the tivo tv but audio for mythbusters on the non-tivo tv.

any ideas?

2. sconi1

sconi1 New Member

May 30, 2007
    I noticed this the other day as well....about halfway through a recording the audio was lost and I had to use the captions just to understand what was being said! :eek:

3. risktaker99

risktaker99 New Member

Sep 7, 2003
    This is definitely a mysterious and frustrating problem. I have searched most of the threads and can't seem to find a "common thread" (bad pun) that addresses what is causing this to happen. Some people say it's Tivo's software, some say it's the HD, some say it's the cable company, some say it's the cable box, some say it's the motherboard in the Tivo reacting to heat, yada, yada, yada.

4. tdbear

tdbear New Member

Nov 3, 2002
    There are only two audio problems that I've had... one is that the HDMI must have gotten in a bad state and the audio stopped until I switched the video to something else. The other is the periodic audio dropout when watching through the live TV buffer.