TiVo Series 2 80 Hour Boot Up, Turn Off Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by DukeDiablo, Sep 7, 2007.

1. DukeDiablo

DukeDiablo New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Danville,...
    Dear Forum-

After a long break from any TV whatsoever, I have recently taken my old Series 2 80 hour out of the box again. Since I'm an old TiVo user... I didn't expect any problems; however:

It's a Series 2 80 hour unit that I have a lifetime subscription on. It hasn't been hooked up since oh, August of '06. I use a WiFi connection for my service updates and calls.

This is what is happening:

When I first plug in the power cord, I get the gray screen that says "Powering On." Then it switches to the color screen with the TiVo guy, and says "Just a few more minutes..."

Then the green light on the front of the unit cuts off and then a second or so later the display cuts out... the TiVo switches off apparently.

After 10 minutes or so, I decided to unplug the unit... wait until the HDD stopped spinning, and tried again. Same result.

I'm sorry if this is an asked/answered deal, but I did search first.

Thanks for any help.

2. DukeDiablo

DukeDiablo New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Danville,...
    Sorry... it appears through more searching that I may have a bad HDD now...

Any other theories would be interesting though.

Yall have a good one.

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Are you sure, I think you pulled the plug when it was in stand-by check the batteries and DVR switch (if you programmed it) in your remote. Then press the TiVo button.

4. DukeDiablo

DukeDiablo New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Danville,...
    Oh thanks... I'll give that a shot. I had already decided it was done for.

I just figured since it went to a "stand-by" type mode prior to getting to the TiVo Welcome Screen, it was probably not a good sign.

Thanks and I'll let you know.

Have a great week.