tivo series 1 daily call failed

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by nazarite, Sep 8, 2007.

1. nazarite

nazarite New Member

Jan 6, 2003

Advertisements

Aug 25 my tivo stopped being able to get its daily call download.
    I've had this issue before and rebooting the dsl modem fixed it.
    This time it didnt.
    I've spent several days working on ppp+ssh tunnels trying to get it to download while I'm elsewhere but am having issues with that.

Is there no fix for 3.0 series 1 tivos and the transparent proxy issue? This appears to be the same issue I'm having. I've done some tests and there does not appear to be a proxy, my isp claims to have none, but i suppose its possible elsewhere in the stream theres an issue.

I found the fix this has http://www.freeranger.co.uk/TiVo/HowTo.htm but those files to modify arent present on my tivo, i assume due to the software version.

Help pleasE?

2. don _juannel

don _juannel New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Aug.25 my two tivos both quit downloading also.I belive tivo has done something ilegal.-Don

3. nazarite

nazarite New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    who is your service provider? mine is prodigy infinitum in monterrey, mexico.

i tried it both at my place and my friends and it wouldnt download, took it to my university and it downloaded fine.

4. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    And that illegal act is??

5. pldoolittle

pldoolittle Tivo'ing since 2001

May 2, 2002

Advertisements

Let's examine this further;

Tivo: Work's it's butt off to make customers happy. Supportive of hackers and will actually respond personally to emails. Takes a loss for a decade trying to make this concept work (congrats on Q1 '07!!), and still keeps plugging.

Cable/Telco: Known for don't give a s**t attitude and really could care less if you get ticked off and leave. Makes you wait days for a technician to come out and tell you it's their problem back at the office. Makes you stay home and then skips the appt w/o notice.

<sarcasm>
    Yep, you're probably right. This must be a Tivo conspiracy to get you to upgrade so they can take *another* loss on selling you a new box.
    </sarcasm>