TiVo Season Pass Manager Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by spinhar, Sep 30, 2011.

1. spinhar

spinhar New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I am transferring from Time Warner to Verizon FIOS. The channel numbers are of course different. How can I use Season Pass manager, transfer Season Passes and then change the channel?

2. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    To my knowledge, you can't. Season passes are channel specific. Even if you did copy them over (assuming you aren't using the same TiVo), they still wouldn't work. You will have to recreate them on the new channels.

Jeff

3. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    When you make the switch, re run guided setup and all of the SP's should convert to the new channels properly.

4. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    I don't think that this is correct. I just used the online Season Pass Manager to move my season passes to a new Tivo box and when the show was available on different channels, a choice was given for each season pass, which channel to use. I was using the same lineup on the new box, but the instructions say:
    "When copying Season Pass requests between boxes that are not in the same location, the Season Pass show must be scheduled to air within the next 14 days, as each box will be using a different channel lineup."

So the season pass manager explicitly supports copying season passes to a box with a different channel lineup, but it needs to find the show in the guide to know what channel(s) can be used.

But that is only useful to you if you are copying to a different box. I don't know what happens if you change lineups on a Tivo.

5. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    Not 1000 percent sure but pretty sure if you change lineups it will move the channels based on call sign. Don't know what itit does if tthere is no longer same channel.

6. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    I stand corrected, it looks like there may be a couple of ways to maintain the SPs. Perhaps the original poster could clarify if he is keeping the same TiVo or getting a new one.

Jeff

7. spinhar

spinhar New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    In about two weeks I plan on purchasing a Premier Elite and switching to FIOS at the same time. The present TiVo will be moved to another room. Most of the season passes are HBO - showtime, so they won't transfer. I was hoping to somehow maintain my 40 season passes. Hope that helps.

8. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    As above HBO and showtime may transfer if TiVo links up the call signs.

9. spinhar

spinhar New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    You mean streaming?

10. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    I was referring to the season passes transferring from one box to another via TiVo.com. or the season pass surviving the move from one lineup (your current provider) to another lineup (fios) .

I don't think you will need to redo everything with the remote.

11. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    When I went from Comcast to FIOS in 2009 the majority of my Season Passes just moved to the new channels since they used channel IDs not channel numbers.