TiVo Says Rogers to Leave as CEO Jan. 31

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by drebbe, Nov 17, 2015.

1. drebbe

drebbe Carbon Blob

Apr 11, 2012
    Sector 7G
  2. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
    It says he'll be staying on as Chairman of the Board.

I can't decide if this is a back-handed compliment:

3. mnb

mnb Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Hopefully the new CEO will:

- fast track converting the rest of the UI to HD. It's been over 5 years, folks...
    - work with cable and cablecard companies to make getting a damn picture more reliable.
    I suddenly lose a bunch of channels every few months. Usually the premium HDs nearly
    all vanish and some key basic and extended basic HD channels.
    - improve the speed of interface navigation
    - fix the audio drop outs when navigating. eg: If there's a preview window and you hit LiveTV, it shoudl be seamless.
    - Ditch that stupid Bolt box.
    - stop keeping software features locked to new hardware only. These things aren't cheap

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Most of the UI is HD on the Bolt. with the exception of a few complex settings sections.

I've been a TiVo user for 15+ years and I've never lost channels. Whatever is causing that must be specific to your setup.

The UI on the Bolt and Roamio are as fast as I can press the buttons. Only the Premiere is slow with the UI.

I don't use the preview window but from what I understand the audio glitch is barely perceptible on the Bolt.

The only feature that's exclusive to the Bolt is SkipMode. Everything else has been ported all the way back to the Premiere which is 5+ years old now.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

The stock price for TiVo has been climbing since the news. Perhaps it will drop when their earnings come out tomorrow.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tivo-tivo-likely-disappoint-q3-144002681.html

6. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Getting rid of Rogers probably trumps just about any bad financial news. But it's far, far too late, and truth be known the potential had just about dissipated even at the point he took over.