Tivo says "Not supported Mode" on startup after Cable Card install

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Shanezam203, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007

Advertisements

Any idea what Comcast did wrong? They plugged in Cable Card 1, setup the host and the data over the phone, and same with Cable Card 2. My Tivo scanned for channels.

Then it rebooted and says "not supported mode" and I can not navigate.

Even when I unplug the cards, it still is a black screen, "not supported mode".

Suggestions?

2. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Is you unit plugged in via the HDMI cable? If so unplug it connect component or composite for the moment and navigate to change your display resolution. My tv does the same thing when it doesnt like the output from the tivo. My new Tivohd did it right out the box

3. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    is your TV saying the TiVo is trying to display a mode(like 1080i) that the TV does not support? have you tried changing the output format via the front panel?

ETA - I read in some post that the TiVo HD does 480i for startup screens despite what format it is set to - so at start up some good TVs that do not stoop to 480i might not display. The TiVo HD will switch to whatever format is selected on the front panel once the startup video or main menu is displayed.

4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    It is working now, Comcast had to come back a 2nd time to activate a new card. One of the Cable Cards were bad...

Thanks guys,
    Shane