Tivo S3 Time Warner (Manhattan) channel line-up issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Moochie88, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Moochie88

Moochie88 New Member

Mar 3, 2007

Advertisements

I had my cards (SA) installed last Saturday. And could not get the HD channels as they were listed in the TW web site but after much exploration found my HD channels at other numbers. I was stood up for the second appt. on Wed. and figured I may have cracked the problem already and would not be using the TW listed channels to get my programs. TW offered no assistance over the phone (if they did it would have saved their phone folks and me a whole lot of aggravation). I went through redoing the guided setup several times and did the diagnostics and tested the signal strength several times over--no change. Again the TW guy came this afternoon and we both pretty much shrugged at the "problem" since I had solved it but no one at TW seemed aware of it. I told him to tell TW they ought to have an 800 number for cable cards (as Comcast does) because as the S3 price has dropped $200 bucks and the new HD one is $299 they are going to be dealing with a lot of folks (we're talking New York city here) switching over to cable cards, and their phone lines will be jammed with highly aggravated cutomers. I'd be interested what has happened to other new cable card/ Tivo users. :thumbsdown: If anyone needs some help with this problem please post here and I'll list the location of the HD channels for TW Manhattan.

2. CTLesq

CTLesq Active Member

Jan 19, 2003
    SF Bay
    I feel your pain. I am an RCN customer but was considering switching to TwC. In calling to discuss the cost of cable cards with TwC, I found the customer service to be so horribly inept that I sh*t canned the entire idea.

Just horrendous. I wish you the bes of luck my friend.

3. rodalpho

rodalpho New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    What numbers were they on? In the 700s? There are several TWC NYC lineups, try another one. You need the correct lineup to use your DVR to, well, record video.

4. Moochie88

Moochie88 New Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Thanks, I hadn't thought to see if there were any TWC channel line ups that might be the same as what I am getting. I'll do that. In the meantime, yes, the HD channels are all in the 700's. TNTHD is 703, UHD is 740, MaxHD 776, STARZHD 777, HBOHD 780, etc. The network HD channels (which Tivo lists as DT but which are indeed HD) are NBC 704, ABC 707, WNET 713. I have found FOXHD but didn't right down the channel number.

Thanks again, I'll follow up with a post if I find my lineup.

BTW Is it just me or does the picture quality seem a lot better with the Tivo than it was with the TWC SA HDDVR?

5. rodalpho

rodalpho New Member

Sep 12, 2006

Advertisements

That's sounds like the same lineup I use, TWC NYC southern manhattan.