Tivo Roamio V58 all channels (CCard info in message)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jdmatl, Jul 22, 2018.

1. jdmatl

jdmatl Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Roamio was running great, the BAM, V58 all channels. Talked to Xfinity they said get a new cable card. Its Cisco Cable cards here in my area.

The "CA" stream as reading "no strm"
    Davic info has "Not locked" which i was told meant issue with physical connection from cable.

I tested the connectivity from the Tivo jack back to the splitter in the attic all good.

The xfinity guy did a un-pair/de-activeate, re-pair/re-activate two times.

CA stream is now reading Not ready-No Time GBAM

to me is looking like the issue is the Tivo. All works with it, the playback, netflix, amazon. Plus no issues with it pushing out content to the tivo mini in the bedroom.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I know nothing about your circumstances, and I'm sure you will get good advice shortly. If I was in your position, my course of action would be to get my spare Roamio out of its box, move the cable card, and try to pair the cable card again. But I have a spare. Your Roamio still thinks there is a cable card installed or you couldn't get to those menus. Cable card pairing is a one-way operation. The way you or xfinity know it worked is that it works. There is no test like there is for your cable modem or even your Roamio. I have a Motorola card, so my parameters are different. Also, even with a V58 error, there should be a SNR in Diagnostics for that channel. The signal may be zero however. You can see the signal level on an encrypted channel if your TV provides that information. My Sony will do that.

Yes, get a different cable card. I wish you luck.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Troubleshooting/CableCARD-Troubleshooting#momorolo

3. jdmatl

jdmatl Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I do have two other cable cards I got from Xfinity on Sat, but I have had my fill of this. This is the 2nd card in the unit. 1st one died 2 months ago.

Getting Xfinity out here Tuesday to run a full check on signal strength, etc. Last week saw an Xfiniity truck in the neighborhood, then next day, I don't have service. Coincidence? Perhaps. :(

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's why I have my cable run to my TV also. Even though all but two channels are encrypted I can still get a signal strength reading. One time a main fiber link was cut, killing the whole county. Since I knew it wasn't me, I didn't hesitate to call.

5. mchinsky

mchinsky New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Did this get solved?

I'm having the same problem with 2 Tivo Bolt's in two different homes 30 miles apart on Optimum/Altice in NJ. Anyone else? V58 Channel not authorized. On one of the Bolts got a new cablecard and cablevision can't get it to lock.

Tivo is now finally hinting there may be a software problem.