1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Roamio Pro and Slingbox M1 Remote not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ultramet, May 11, 2018.

1. ultramet

ultramet New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    I have had a Slingbox M1 connected to my Roamio Pro for about 2 years. The Slingbox remote control (emulating the TIVO remote) in the sling player app was always able to change the channels on the Tivo Roamio Pro remotely WITHOUT using the IR device. Several months ago, TIVO released an update that blocked remote network access by default. I changed that default setting so that I could remotely change the TIVO channels via the M1 Slingbox. However, now the situation has deteriorated such that I can no longer change the channels without using the IR cable. I have rebooted the TIVO and even rest the Slingbox to no avail. Did the Roamio Pro software update create an incompatibility with the M1 Slingbox? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using an ASUS AC1300 router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ultramet

ultramet New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Figured it out. It was not at the Tivo level. Recent router firmware upgrade turned on firewall. Once it was deactivated, the slingbox started to respond normally.