1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Roamio Plus: swap between two hard drives?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ghostsof1916, Jul 31, 2018.

1. ghostsof1916

ghostsof1916 New Member

Jul 31, 2018
    My warranty expires in Sept, planning on upgrading my 1TB HD to a 3TB, what I am wondering is can I swap between the 3TB and 1TB (has some stuff on it I'd like to keep, not sure if mine is an ide or sata yet, but can use an adapter if ide, the swapping would be done via and external drive cage with removeable trays. Thank In Advance

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    They are all SATA beginning with the Series 3.

It would be a huge hassle to swap drives, powering down, opening case, swap drives, closing case, powering up.

Unless the shows are copy-protected or the Tivo is running Hydra (v21.7.x and above), shows can be transferred between Tivo and another Tivo or PCs. PCs will use programs like KMTTG (download only), PyTivo, PyTivo Desktop, Tivo Desktop (no longer supported) to copy shows back and forth.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Sounds like you'll want to research MFS Tools 3.2, to perhaps allow a migration from a 1TB drive to 3TB ... retaining all settings and programs, including copy-protected content.

See: MFS Tools 3.2