TiVo Roamio OTA VOX - Transferring Ownership

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Talsma, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Talsma

Talsma New Member

Oct 22, 2019

Advertisements

So I just bought a used TiVo Roamio OTA VOX All-In-Service paired with a TiVo Mini Vox on eBay.

Didn't realize the seller was actually selling on behalf of a Goodwill donation center until after I paid and the item shipped. I'm fine with it being used/scratched, but I am a bit worried about how the transfer will go. The seller just told me the item was donated, so they will not be able to call TiVo and give permission for the transfer.

I tried entering the TSN for both devices under the activation page on the TiVo website and it said both had already been registered.

Think I can just call TiVo with the TSN and explain the situation?? Hopefully they can still somehow get them setup on my account since I will have possession of the hardware and proof of sale.

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Yes, just call them. I think you can send them a screen shot of the ebay transaction.

3. Talsma

Talsma New Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Was super easy. I turned it on before I called and he said he could see it on 'my' network... whatever that means. Wonder if they log my IP when I signed into my TiVo account through a browser and matched that to my Roamio phoning home?

...but anyway, he said no problem and transferred the Roamio and Mini (that was never even turned on yet) over to my account. Sweet!

Mikeguy and kpeters59 like this.