1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Roamio OTA / Tivo Mini / MoCA Setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ExplodingSidewalk, Jun 6, 2017.

1. ExplodingSidewalk

ExplodingSidewalk New Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Need your help guys.

Looking to setup a Tivo Roamio OTA / (2) Tivo Mini's (Bedrooms) / MoCA (Bedrooms).

I have attached a diagram of my suggested setup.

Will this work?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Looks perfect to me. Shouldn't have any problems.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Well done. Assuming MoCa-rated splitters and you have a strong enough antenna signal to deliver sufficient power to the Roamio OTA, it looks great. I'd suggest an unbalanced 3-way splitter for the initial splitter, to reduce antenna signal loss enroute to the Roamio OTA.

The only customization you might consider, IF you find the antenna signal strength wanting at the Roamio OTA (noting that 72 is the max reading you'll see), would be to use a pair of antenna/satellite diplexers to conserve as much signal as possible for the Roamio OTA.
    • You're planning "Option 1" in the attached diagram, below, but "Option 3" could be a fallback if the antenna signal strength has room for improvement (i.e. is sub 72) at the Roamio OTA.
    • The second diplexer would replace the 2-way at the Roamio OTA, connecting the DVR to the "ANT (VHF/UHF)" input and the MoCA adapter to the "SAT" input.
    Again, you should be good, as you originally diagrammed it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. ExplodingSidewalk

Jun 5, 2017
    Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate your help.

5. ExplodingSidewalk

Jun 5, 2017
  6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003