TiVo Roamio OTA ( Look Back Feature)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Nats, Apr 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nats

Nats New Member

Apr 19, 2017

Advertisements

Hello All ...
    Does anyone know if the TiVo Roamio OTA has a look back feature .

Say you are recording a show and have recorded 30 min of a 2 hours show. Can you start viewing the show you are recording from the start of the show and if you skip the commercials eventually catch up to the recording in progress .....

My old cable DVR could do this ... But I cut the cord and purchased a single tuner recorder which does not allow this. I want to purchase the TiVo Roamio OTA and would like to know first if it has this feature.

Thanks for the help !

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep, and that's how I often watch an evening of prime-time television if I'm not saving the shows for later--start 30-45 minutes "late" and catch up in the course of things by the end, after commercial-skipping.

3. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Yes, that is the way I watch golf.

4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I get a "sick" joy out of this, watching 4 hours of television in less than 3. ;)

5. Nats

Nats New Member

Apr 19, 2017

Advertisements

You all ROCK .... Thanks for the advise ... I will purchase the TiVo Roamio OTA and pitch the RCA one tuner model bought at Wal-Mart in the trash can ..

Thanks for the help

6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    If you're cost conscious and looking to purchase from Amazon.com, you might want to wait a bit and follow its price: the price currently is at its high-point, full retail, but can move about a fair bit.

Price tracking:
    TiVo Roamio OTA 1 TB DVR - With No Monthly Service Fees - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - Compatible only with HDTV Antennas (does not work with cable) (B01DR4T73Q)