1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Roamio Major problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by iconoclast, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Restarting box does not help.

Skip no longer works using button “D”

Regular Skip FW button no longer instantly skips 30 seconds FW, now it FF.

TiVo Central only has:

My Shows

What to watch now

Apps

Settings & Messages

No “To Do list”

No Search

No way to see what shows are set to record

TV guide button brings up:

Service Message

Your Service is no longer active (T63)

Call….

Or visit tivo.com/activate.

I have has lifetime service for a few years now!

As I was typing this, I regained the TV guide & the other TiVo oCentral menu items.

But, my long To Do list is GONE!

I tested by picking a program tomorrow to record & now just that appears in To-Do list.

What is happening to my TiVo Service?

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Something is wacked with your Tivo account....CALL THEM!

krkaufman likes this.
  3. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I did. They were closed & I thought others may have had this same issue. Wanted a faster fix vs. just waiting till they opened & I was able to call next day.

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Same thing happened to me with. Roamio plus. A few connections and restarts did the trick. When you try to activate it says the box is already active, right?

5. iconoclast

iconoclast Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Late last night (Early today) while this problem was ongoing, after it “fixed itself” except for To-Do list, I had done another restart & that fixed the To-Do list & Skip worked again.

I just called TiVo Support.

This was a TiVo glitch that affected 80-100 customers!

He gave me a fix that I did today (even though it was already fixed.) He said this would fix it, if it happens again, which it should not.

1. Do 2 “connect to TiVo server” procedures, in a row.
    2. Hard restart, unplug TiVo box, wait 1 minute, replug.

I hope this helps others who have same issue in the future.

krkaufman likes this.
  6. choco

choco Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    This same exact problem just happened to us. Doing the things above (double connection, soft reset) got most of the functionality back, but we couldn't get the To Do List to re-populate (it was blank), even after a hard reset. I'm not 100% certain, but I think what eventually fixed it for us was re-ordering the season pass list, which forced the To Do List to update and re-populate.

This is a really bad bug because no shows will record until it's fixed either by Tivo or the user. It just happened for us, and we weren't in the "80-100" users affected 5 days ago. So it's either another glitch or more widespread than they let on.

7. May 9, 2018 #7 of 11
    choco

choco Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    It just happened again, the 2nd time in 2 weeks. Connecting to Tivo one time and re-ordering the season pass list to force the To Do List to repopulate fixed it. This could be bad if we are not there to manually fix it every time it happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

8. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    2nd time fir fe. TiVo rep casually told me 2 connections and a hard restart will fix. It did fix but ...how iftsn is this gonna happen??

9. choco

choco Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    Exactly, it's not just a "glitch" if it keeps happening. And it's a very bad bug because no shows will record until it's manually fixed by the user. Do we need to all officially submit bug reports to Tivo about this?

10. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It doesn't cost anything. Sometimes it works. The link -> Contact Us

11. choco

choco Member

Nov 3, 2000
    Southern CA
    I'm thinking this bug could be related to the missing skip mode problem being discussed here:

Skip not available on shows recorded tonight

It's possible people might not realize that before they "fix" the issue by doing a service connection, etc, they also can't access their To Do List...